Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 26 & 27 – 2012 United States Olympic Marathon Trials Journey

US Olympic Trials Marathon Qualifying Standard – 2:19:00 or under
My goal – 2:18:59 or under
Current PR – 2:30:03
Current Weeks Mileage Goal – 55 miles
Next Race – 800m and 1 mile on December 11, 2010 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Friday, November 26, 2010 - 6 mile run @ 6:30 mile pace as a recovery run from yesterday's 5 mile Turkey Trot race.  I wasn't really hurting until I actually started running, then I could definitely feel how tight I was in certain parts of my body.  Luckily, my buddy, Andrew Jacobi, came to the city to run with me because this would have been a tough run to get through by myself.  After the run, I got a light session of upper body weights, abs and a good stretch in. 


Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 11 mile run @ 6:20 mile pace.  Got a good night sleep, but was still feeling a little tired.  Once I got up and moving around my body felt good and I was ready to go rock out this medium-long run.  I was able to get into a good grove and ran 6:17 mile pace for the entire run.  After the run I got in a full body session of weights including back, legs and abs.  Got a good stretch and used the foam roller and had my favorite recovery beverage, a Gridlock energy drink (found only at Aldi).

I want to send a shout out to Elizabeth Cohen, as it is her birthday today.  Liz has been a loyal reader of my blog and given me a ton of support with my running.  Thanks and Happy Birthday Liz!



Eric Wallor 

No comments:

Post a Comment